This article provides a brief overview of the individual steps while logging in and out.
Login (getting started)
In some organizations, the administrator has already configured the login for a user to d.3 smart explorer together with a
connection at least to one d.3 repository. In these cases, you can skip some steps described in this manual. By default, you
can open d.3 smart explorer manually.
You can determine from the colour of the d.3 logo on the taskbar, whether you are already logged in. If the d.3 logo is
displayed in red, you are logged in, if the d.3 logo is grey, you need to log in manually.
This is how it works
- Right-click on the d.3 logo and select Login from the context menu. Alternatively, you can open the login dialog by double-clicking it.
- In the login dialog (d.3 Login), you can select a repository under Login to, provided you are allowed to access several repositories.
- Enter your name and the password used to log in to the repository.
- By default, d.3 smart explorer is selected to be the starting application.
- If you want to start d.3 smart explorer directly, enable the Start directly option.
The following information is also provided in the login dialog:
- Question marks next to the Login to field: Shows the technical information about the selected d.3 repository, e.g. the name of the server. This information is especially important for administrators.
- Plus/Minus characters next to the Login to field: Provides additional d.3 repositories. In case the dropdown list does not show the needed d.3 repository, you can select more repositories in the Select repository dialog. For more details see Selecting a d.3 repository in the network.
If the login process to the d.3 repository takes too long, you can close the logo screen with a click on the X in the top right corner. The login process however finishes accordingly in the background.
You can check your current login name and the repository at any time. To do so, simply place the mouse pointer over the red d.3 logo. If the mouse pointer points to the d.3 logo, a popup text is shown displaying the name of the repository and the name of the user logged in.
If there is d.3 smart explorer as well as d.3 smart start installed, make sure that d.3 smart explorer is enabled.
d.3 smart explorer only starts if it enabled.
Logout (getting started)
In order to prevent unauthorized access, you should log out from the d.3 repository when you leave your workstation or
while it is used by someone else.
This is how it works
- Right-click on the d.3 logo on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, click on Logout.
After logging out the d.3 logo is displayed again in grey.